Frequently Asked Questions - Slocum High Soccer Prep
Who: Girls who will be entering the 9th – 12th grade in the Fall of 2018
When: Mondays and Wednesdays 5:30-7:30pm (with optional drop-in workshops from 5:00-5:25 at no additional cost), June 11 – August 1, 2018
New in 2018: Optional Drop-In Workshops from 5:00-5:25 (at no additional cost)
Topics may include:
• College Soccer - The College Recruiting Process
• College Soccer - Differences Between Divisions
• College Soccer - Communicating with College Coaches
• College Soccer - The D3 Experience
• College Soccer - What it Takes to be a D1 Athlete
• College Soccer - Scholarship Info/NCAA Eligibility
• Goal Setting
• Mental Preparation for Preseason Tryouts
• Mental Preparation for Competition (Anxiety Management)
• The Importance of a Fitness Commitment
• Leadership - Keys to Being a Good Captain / Team Leader / Positive Team Member
• Attention and Concentration Control (aka: Focus)
• Mindfulness for Athletes
NOTE: all "College Soccer" sessions will be open to players AND parents
Where: Concord Academy Fields (Moriarty Athletic Complex), 153 Farihaven Road, Concord, MA
• From Route 2 westbound: turn right on Fairhaven Rd. Fields are 0.1 miles ahead on right.
• From Route 2 eastbound: turn left at the light on Sudbury Road, go 0.2 miles and turn right on Fairhaven Rd. Fields are 0.2 miles ahead on left.
What To Bring: Soccer cleats, shin-guards, soccer ball with name on it, water bottle, sun screen, rain gear.
Registration Requirements: Completed on-line registration form, including an electronic copy of a physical examination within the past 24 months and a copy of immunization records, and payment in full will be required to participate. Pursuant to state law, no camper will be allowed to participate until all forms have been received. Registration is first come, first served. Camp has sold out in past years.
Refund Policies: Cancellations made 3 or more weeks prior to the beginning of the session will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee. Alternatively, the full registration amount can be applied to the following year’s registration. Refunds will not be granted with less than 3 weeks notice unless there is a medical reason. Refund requests for medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
TAX ID NUMBER: #26-4006383
Call Nancy Slocum at (508) 479-4012